SP Laboratory is one of the most sophisticated laboratories in Serbia whose capacities and credentials place it among the ranks of international reference laboratories. This is confirmed by its daily participation in international inter-laboratory testing and quality arbitration services for international companies. SP Laboratory was one of the first laboratories to be accredited in Serbia under the ISO/IEC 17025 standard by the Accreditation Body of Serbia. Following the agreement between the Accreditation Body of Serbia and the International Accreditation Organisation, SP Laboratory became internationally recognised.
SP Laboratory is accredited to test, among other things:
- Food and feed quality and safety
- Plant protection agents
- Tobacco and its products
- Health safety of good of general use (cosmetics, cookware and utensils, packaging, cleaning agents, etc.)
Initially operating within the Sojaprotein factory for the purpose of analysing soybean samples, semi-finished and finished products, in 2002, as part of Sojaprotein, it entered the Victoria Group business system, and owing to its capacity and expertise, became an independent member company of the Victoria Group in 2005. It consists of five sectors:
|Sample Receipt and Testing Management Sector|
|Genetic, Physical and Chemical Testing Sector|
|Microbiological Testing Sector|
|Instrumental Analysis Sector|
|Quality Assurance Sector|
The testing capacity is over 15,000 samples per month. Of the total number of analyses performed in a year, about 40,000 are samples of food for human consumption and animal feed, tested on behalf of the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection, the Ministry of Health, the Veterinary Administration and a large number of foreign and local companies and producers.
SP Laboratory boasts 2,500 m2 of space, fitted out with high-quality laboratory equipment that meets the strict standards of advanced laboratory practices in terms of temperature, humidity, ventilation, lighting and hygiene, while the design and the layout of the premises prevent the cross-contamination of samples. SP Laboratory possesses state-of-the-art equipment, and the work methodology is entirely compliance with the requirements of EU regulations regarding the quality of human food and animal feed.
Owing to its sophisticated technology, nowadays SP Laboratory provides tests concerning genetic modifications, microbiological safety, chemical composition, radioactive contamination, amino-acid content, presence of additives, and tests for heavy metals, mycotoxins, vitamins, antibiotics and other numerous analyses.
- Physical and chemical tests - tests for determining chemical composition, establishing quality control parameters, determining metals and metalloids, determining pesticide residues (over 400 active substances), determining mycotoxins (aflatoxins B1, B2, G1, G2, M1, ochratoxin A, zearalenone, patulin, deoxynivalenol, fumonisin B1 and B2), determining vitamins (B1, B2, B6, C, A, E, D2, D3), determining artificial sweeteners, preservation agents, fat acid content, sugar composition, aniones, cationes, determining amino-acid content, determining polychlorinated biphenyls, determining polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, determining carbon monoxide, tar and nicotine content in tobacco smoke, determining β-glucans, determining melamine in milk products)
- Sensory analyses
- Microbiological tests (fully compliant with EU and local regulations, including specific microorganisms such as Legionella)
- Biological tests (determining genetically modified vegetable materials)
- Biochemical tests (Staphylococcal enterotoxin)
- Radiological tests (determining tritium content in water, determining total alfa and total beta ionising radiation)
- Isotopic tests (determining the carbon isotope 14C and the ratio of the stable isotopes δ13C, δ15N, δ18O, δD, δ34S)
- Determining allergen content (presence of hazelnuts, peanuts, soybean, gluten and milk)
- Determining anti-nutritional factors (glycine, β-conglycinin, trypsin inhibitor).